Fellow, American College of Employee Benefits Counsel
Attorney at Law
Title: Is Your Retirement Plan Really Safe? Creditor Protection of Retirement Plan Assets. Overview: An analysis of the treatment of retirement plan and IRA assets in bankruptcy and in non-bankruptcy creditor claims.
Included with your purchase: ( Immediate Download)
- PDF of PowerPoint Deck
- PDF of article co-authored by Richard A. Naegele, Esq. , titled "“Creditor Protection of Retirement Plan Assets”, The Practical Tax Lawyer (Spring 2017), Co-Authored with Mark P. Altieri, J.D., L.L.M., CPA, PFS
- MP4 file of the presentation/recording
- MP3 file of the presentation/recording
Target Audience: Financial Advisors | Tax professionals | Financial professionals, including the staff at Credit Unions, Banks, Brokerage Firms and other financial institutions
NO PRE-APPROVED CE CREDITS. YOU MAY CHECK WITH YOUR EDUCATIONAL ORGANIZATION FOR CE ELIGIBILITY
Overview: An analysis of the treatment of retirement plan and IRA assets in bankruptcy and in non-bankruptcy creditor claims.
- BAPCPA / U.S. Bankruptcy Code: Key points for retirement plan assets;
- Determination of the tax-qualified status of Plan;
- "Opt out" states and exception to the bankruptcy code anti-stacking rule;
- Inherited IRAs;
- ERISA and IRC anti-alienation rules;
- IRS Tax Levies;
- U.S. Supreme Court cases;
- IRAs in bankruptcy;
- IRAs in non-bankruptcy creditor actions;
- Treatment of IRAs with prohibited transaction;
- Chart with state-by-state analysis of IRAs as exempt property.
100% satisfaction guarantee: If you are not satisfied with the webinars and want a refund, just let us know. We will refund your payment, no questions asked.
Handout: A Copy of the PowerPoint Deck